background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 25, 2008

New Words

William has been picking up words like crazy over the last few weeks. Many of them seem completely random (pocket?) to me, but I guess that is just how the toddler brain works.

However, a handful of the words I absolutely certain he doesn't understand. He is just repeating them after we say them. It is not only time to start watching what we say, but the meaning behind what we say as well...

Here are two new additions from this week alone:

1) I was getting dressed and came out of the bathroom to get a second (and third) opinion about my shirt. Clothes have been difficult lately because most of my normal stuff is too small and very unflattering. However, most of the maternity clothes I have are way too big and also unflattering. So, my question was "Fat or pregnant?" John carefully studied the outfit and declared it pregnant. William was sitting with John and looked up and said "Pregnant". Does he know what it means? Absolutely not.

2) William and I were in line at the store last week and William was having a great time pitching the items within his reach out of the cart and onto the floor as fast as I could get them back into the cart. When he ran out of items, he then started pulling items off of the conveyor belt and throwing them onto the floor- which were not ours. All of my distractions (toys and snacks) in my purse were not helping in the least and also ended up on the floor. Laughing (because the other option was crying), I looked at William and said "You sure are trouble today". He looked at me for a second and then nodded his head before saying "Trouble".

No comments: