background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

FAQ

It seems like everyone has the same questions for me lately, so I thought I would go ahead and answer some of them here:

1. When is your due date?
My actual due date is 3/27/2009. However, babies do not follow schedules and rarely arrive on their intended due date. William was 4 days early. As far as I can tell, that has no bearing on what this baby will do. In my own head, I'm kind of using 4/1 as my due date to buy myself some time before I start getting cranky about THIS BABY IS NEVER COMING. This tactic is currently working - but I doubt it will continue to work near the end of my pregnancy.

2. Do you know what you are having?
Yes. I do know.

I am having a baby. I do not know the gender of this baby. My current plan is to not find out the gender before this time. Keep in mind it was the plan to not find out the gender last time also and I wasn't able to make it through the big ultrasound without begging to know. So, I wouldn't count on us not finding out just yet.

3. Have you felt the baby yet?
I think so. However, it hasn't been anything distinctive yet. Just bumps and wiggles here and there. I would expect in the next 2-3 weeks the movement will be more and more noticeable.

4. Is you pregnancy different this time from last time?
Yep. There have been a lot of similarities, but more differences I think. However, not many of those differences/similarities are all the interesting to anyone but me OR they are not things that I should be discussing on the internet :)

The nausea set it about the same time with William (roughly 6-7 weeks) but lasted longer this time. I still struggle with eating anything that smells at all and everything green makes me want to throw up. Vegetables in general make me want to throw up, even if I am not eating them. I had similar issues with William, but I don't remember them being this severe. The vegetable aversion with William lasted throughout my pregnancy and appears to be doing the same now.

I was also more tired this time by a lot. A LOT. I know that it isn't because I am more busy with William than I was before. If anything, I have more time now to rest and relax at home with him. There really isn't any way of slacking off when you are responsible for 30 hormonal fourteen year olds. The tired has been an all out exhaustion and I'm ready to admit that it had some pretty yucky side effects. My toenails got really, really long. Just thinking about cutting them made me so exhausted I wanted to cry. So, I didn't do it for a long, long time. Ewww. I have now resolved this situation as well as the leg hair situation, the showering everyday situation as well as the eyebrow situation. None of these above activities make me feel like crying most days anymore which is a relief to all who live here with me. You can only imagine the state of our house if cutting my own toenails made me want to cry with exhaustion. It was...not good. But! Now it is much better and I wouldn't be embarrassed to sit next to any of you on an airplane for an extended period of time.

5. Are you getting fat yet?
This question is from Grandma Nona. I'm sure what she means is: are you starting to look pregnant yet? Good thing my feelings are not hurt easily. I am showing more now than I did with William. I am finding myself in the frustrating in between-ess of regular clothes and maternity clothes. The regular clothes don't fit right, are too tight and uncomfortable. The maternity clothes I have a too big and look ridiculous. I can't go 5 steps without hiking up my pants as they slide down around my hips. So, I've been rocking out in my favorite yoga, track and jogging pants. Good thing my boss is flexible and allows that!

6. Where is the new baby's room going to be?
Well, I will guarantee this new baby will sleep somewhere in this house. William was not ever very picky about where he slept until he got a lot older - hopefully this one will be this way also.

The BIG plan is to move our current office (located in 3rd bedroom) downstairs to the new office space. UGGGGGG!!! We have this room CRAMMED to the fullest with all kinds of junk. Not looking forward to this. However, our new office is waiting on a part of a new desk we have ordered. Once the desk is together, we will begin moving all the junk in our office downstairs to its new location. Good thing our church is having a garage sale at the end of this month. We have some stuff to get rid of.

After moving the office downstairs, we are going to transition William into his Big Boy Room (AKA old office/3rd bedroom). We need to put some more closet racks in and paint before we can do that. Transitioning him out of his crib is not something either of us is looking forward to at all. I think I would honestly rather try to potty train him than put him in a big boy bed. But, that really isn't one of the choices we have right now, so Big Boy Bed it will be! I hope to be working on the Big Boy Bed sometime in January unless he starts making more of an effort to climb out of his crib. Currently, he's tried a little bit to climb out without any successful attempts.

After moving the office and putting William into the old office, we will complete the house reorganization project by getting William's old room ready for a new baby. Which, should be the easiest step of all. Should be.

No comments: