background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Chance of Shower 100%



We were in Rochester for one of my best friend from high schools baby shower! It was such a special day and I was so glad to be part of it. I helped host the shower and it was so much fun! I was a little stressed about putting together the shower, juggling 1.5 children and getting my hormone induced presents completed in time. However, I had a lot of help from many different people which made the whole thing much more manageable and left me time to worry about the amount of work I had assigned myself. For the record, I decided that Jessica simply could not have a baby without the following homemade gifts:

-8 flannel receiving blankets, extra large in size
-2 double thick receiving blankets, extra large in size
-1 fleece sleep sack
-2 hooded towels
-6 be-ribboned burp clothes
-1 five tiered diaper cake
The shower theme was: Fiesta! All the food was Mexican inspired and came together wonderfully! I'd love to tell you everything was delicious, but I was having a hard time Saturday and couldn't find anything that appealed to me.
Welcome baby Gaedke!
Jessica, me and [some of] our kids. This might be the only photo ever where Jessica is bigger than me! Jessica is roughly 30 weeks here and I am 16 weeks. I am also tired.

William's favorite part of the shower was the cake, although we don't have any pictures of it. He made a HUGE mess!

William also loved seeing the Grandpas and Grandma. One of his favorite hobbies at Grandpa and Grandma's is the piano. He can actually say "piano" now and will grab the hand of the nearest adult and drag them to the piano.
On Sunday we took a trip out to the orchard/pumpkin patch. William loved looking at and trying to pick up all the pumpkins.
He liked playing on the straw bales with the bigger kids until he got stuck between the bales. Good thing Grandma was there to help him out - John and I were so entertained by his very confused face. Also notice the hands: he HATED the way the straw felt on his hands, he refused to touch it to get himself back up.
Peek!
Every pumpkin he touched, he would try to pick up. He was NOT happy that this one would not budge - and no one would help him out!
Aren't we photogenic? I asked John if he got a few pictures and he said YEP! I took a few. This would be the best one...
William wasn't interested in the straw bale maze until he saw other kids going in a laughing. He loved older kids. Oh, and the shirt was on clearance last year. But, it was a bad guess. It is on the big size so maybe it will work next year too?
And then, all I wanted was a cute picture of him smiling with a bunch of pumpkins in the background (no other people). Is that too much to ask?



No comments: