background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 1, 2008

[Not] Memorial Day weekend

All along I've been thinking this was Memorial Day weekend. Turns out it was last weekend. Oh well. We had a busy weekend with a little relaxing built in. We're tying up projects in the bathroom and trying to move forward. We installed a light fixture in the bathroom, wired up the smoke detectors, began working on the toilet in the bathroom and the vanity, and in general picked up downstairs. Oh and the washer decided to start spraying water everywhere in the basement Saturday evening so we fixed that also. Nothing is ever easy though and the vanity isn't quite how we thought it would work, the smoke detectors are currently chirping in a weird chorus and the washer shouldn't be leaking at all.

William is also progressing and never easy either. I am afraid we are beginning the fight for independence on the early side as the number of episodes where kicking, screaming, falling down on the floor, and crying have increased to multiple times a day. I keep trying to make excuses for it, but no amount of hunger, tiredness, illness or discomfort from the heat could cause these tantrums with such regularity. I am forced to admit there is a strong possibility we are starting the "twos" early. My only hope is that by starting them early, we will also finish them early. Somehow I don't think that is how it works. Even though it is frustrating to have a companion with such a volatile temperament, most of the time his tantrums make me giggle from their dramatic outrageousness.

I'm sure there is other news, but I'm tired and off to bed! I'm hoping to catch some pictures of William blowing bubbles in the next few days - very entertaining is all I will say right now!

No comments: