background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorable Memorial Day

We had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend with the Grandparents McGarry here for a visit. Before they arrived on Friday evening, I got a visit from our friend Stomach Flu in the early hours of the day. Many phone calls later and John was home watching the Tornado Baby and the Grandparents were still on their way. We had a great visit - even though I wasn't feeling great (today is the first day I feel like eating again...and still not excited about it). Grandma and Grandpa were a H-U-G-E help in the basement and with watching William for us! They were also very understanding about my need to pass out on the couch for at least an hour for every hour I spent upright and avoid certain food smells to get through the day. Saturday I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the graduation of the high school the kids I've taught in previous years. This year is the graduating class of the first eighth graders I taught during my first year. It was very emotional for me as well as fulfilling to see how successful [most ] they have become. On to some pictures of the progress:

THE OFFICE:
Changes to look for: there is flooring! and a door to the outside world!

Laying the underlayment for the flooring. PS My dad is now a laminate flooring expert if you need one!
More underlayment and William trying to help out Mama and Grandpa (that is my foot). William was NOT happy to have activity going on in our basement while he was corralled upstairs by Grandma. He thought he needed to be in the middle of everything!
We have a picture of William with Grandpa about every 1-2 hours. He just couldn't stand to not be a part of the project!

The [almost] finished room!

Another angle of [almost] finished room!

THE PLAYROOM:
Changes to look for: the circles are all painted, outlet covers are installed, doorway to the office and closet and FLOORING!
William opening and shutting the new door to the office. Note to self: must install the door bumpers soon - he isn't gentle at ALL!

THE BATHROOM:
Changes to look for: switches are wired, temporary light fixture installed, outlet covers installed, door put in, grout in tiles, beginning of tile in the shower, paint on the walls!
I am such a trooper! Laying floor tiles in the bathroom while thinking about throwing up.


The finished grouting project and door. Not pictured is the quarter size blister on the palm of my hand from putting in the grout.The start of the wall tile. It didn't get done and I'm disappointed. Although I'm excited about how it is looking so far!


Grandpa trying out our new Wii (here he is bowling).

William playing with Grandpa and Grandma's camera. I'm not sure, but I think he thought he could turn it on if he blew on it?
Trying to figure it out...






And we also turned 16 months old on Monday! Here is our 16 month old picture! While I was making dinner, William decided to cook up something good for himself: cars! He carried this pan around for a long time putting the cars in and taking them back out again.
Big boy!

2 comments:

Sanford Family said...

Wow! He's officially a toddler now!

Anonymous said...

I don't remember, but I've seen pictures of me also having the urge to "help" Dad finish the basement of our house in Rochester. ~Mike