background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Memo from William: I'm a big kid NOW

Yesterday we went to the Y in the early afternoon. William had been fed, changed and just woke up from a nap. Should have been a recipe for a great mood. But, I was a little nervous as last week he was crying and I had to be paged from the fitness center. So, I dropped him off and hurried away so I could hurry back (nothing makes me run faster than thinking about getting to pick him up when I'm done). When I came back to get him, he wasn't where I left him. The childwatch area is divided into two sections with an accordion door inbetween. One is for babies and the other is for older kids through age five. I left him in the baby section and when I came back, he was on the "Big Kid" side of the room. Apparently, William played for a few minutes with some toys and then crawled over to the bookcase that sits in the opening between the two rooms. He pulled himself up and whined/moaned while banging on the bookshelf. He refused to be distracted by toys, songs, the TV, or someone reading him books. When they finally put him on the "Big Kid" side, he got a huge smile on his face and crawled away to play. Which is what he was doing when I came to pick him up.

I get it. The message: I'm not a baby anymore! Let me play with the big kid stuff! The staff in the room told me the only restriction to being in that room is the kids need to wear shoes. So, I guess the next time we go, he'll have shoes on! (I'll still try and drop him off on the baby side. Even though I got the message loud and clear, it doesn't mean I want him to not be a baby anymore)


Some pictures up of William yesterday!


He actually climbed on this by himself. He was so proud of himself!


I can't believe he did it himself! Here he is starting to get mad because he can't get off...at least he still needs me for something :)


One of our new favorite past times: Waiting for Daddy to come home. William got SO excited when he sees John coming up the walk!


Kisses! The tricky part is getting in the house without William falling on his face to the concrete!

1 comment:

Tom and Robyn said...

So cute! Tell John to just wait until William learns to run. That first time he's greeted at the door by a running little boy after a long day of work, he will just melt. Or so I have on good authority from Tom.