background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 27, 2007

9 Months old! + a few days



Even though I am a day late on this, I have been thinking a lot about how things have changed in the last month. William is a super crawler with top speeds that send our cats running in all directions when they hear the ka-thunk ka-thunk of William approaching. He is also cruising along our furniture with great speed and "flying" between pieces of furniture without hanging on to anything. In the last several days he has become more and more confident and we are seeing him stand alone for longer periods of time more frequently (longest time is close to a minute).

Within the last week, William must have started paying attention to what we are doing and mimicing it. Earlier this week, he attempted to clap his hands as John sang to him at dinner. He is attempting to copy words when we say them and sometimes copies our actions. Over the weekend, we are fifty percent certain he learned how to wave "bye bye". Today, he also added a "buh-buh" to his wave, which about made me fall over. He repeated it three or four times until he was overcome with the giggles at our reaction to him.

Eating is also coming a long. The last two nights we have eaten out. William has eaten bits and pieces of our meals both nights happily. We are excited about this progress because early last week I thought I may have to ship him off to college in a few years with a case of Puffs and boxes of pureed baby food. What a difference a week makes.

The sleeping update isn't as positive. Let us just say that over the past week there were some excellent nights where I got about 4.5 hours of sleep. And I was excited about getting that much. Makes it hard to get things done during the day around the house or be excited when I'm playing with the baby. Last night he slept for almost 8 hours in a row. I find it amazing how much more I love my baby when he sleeps all night long. I am NOT saying that I don't love him when he doesn't sleep through the night. Just saying I love him so MUCH MORE when he does.

We had our 9 months pictures taken today and then attended a Halloween party with a pumpkin carving contest. I did manage to squeeze in a very short photo session of my own with William for his 9 Months+1 day pictures because I didn't remember to take them yesterday early in the day. We ordered a new car seat for William this weekend as I don't think we are going to be able to squeeze him into the old one for much longer. Especially with a thick sweater or a jacket (or both on). We will definitely be needing it before traveling for Thanksgiving.

Enjoy our pictures from today!

9 Months + 1 day Picture

Dressed for his 9 month pictures today

Big boy!

Pumpkins from our Pumpkin carving contest. The theme this year was celebrities. Our pumpkins were in the front row L-R: Johnny Depp, Dr Huff (a school administrator), and Joan Rivers. One of our 3 pumpkins won the grand prize...I'll let you guess which one.

No comments: