background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 25, 2007

Things that make my heart melt

I love being a mom and I very much appreciate the time I am able to spend with my delightful offspring. I was thinking about the long list of thing he has started doing in the past few weeks that really make my job worthwhile. I'm sharing them with you - but this post is more about me being able to remember these things in a few weeks when he grows and finds other ways to touch my heart. They aren't always big things - but add up to a whole lot of love. Here is a list of just a few things that make my heart melt. Or warm.

1. Lately, when I pick William up, he wraps his arms around my neck (quite possibly for dear life as we careen down the hall or out of the house). I have been referring to this action as "hugs". The only thing that melts me more is when he couples his "hugs" with a head snuggled down onto my shoulder.

2. When I go in his room in the morning after a refreshing 9 hour sleep (serious. No sarcasm. He truly sleeps for 9-10 hours.), William has the biggest grin and does a little leg and arm kicking movement I call a "jig". The grin and happy jig do me in every time. Even if he has a poopy diaper on. My heart is melted.

3. His fuzzy head. Now that there is a lot of hair(okay, just more hair) on his head, it comes in contact with my face when we snuggle. It feels wonderful.

4. Slobbery "kisses". Lately, when were are snuggling or playing kissey faces (a "game" in which I kiss his face), William will open his mouth and turn his head head toward my face. As he is drooling constantly, this action causes his very wet mouth to graze my cheek. More often than not, he turns his head back and forth quickly in excitement and leave a drool trail roughly 6 inches long. He thinks this is funny as he plants the wetest, sloppiest "kiss" onto my cheek with a giggle. Does he know he is giving kisses? I don't know, but I like to think so. At any rate, it is pretty hysterical (and slimy).

5. Ahhs. The little ahh's William makes when he is sleeping. Ahhh...they are wonderful

6. Pats on the face. When William is eating, he is more still than usual. That doesn't mean he isn't moving. His top arm is in constant motion, whirling away. He grabs at whatever he can reach -recently, my face. He whirls and pats and occasionally stops eating to give me a smile with a goo. Precious. Entirely.


Now for the moments that just make me ...warm

1. The enormous spit up this morning that went down the front of my shirt left my heart literally warm.

2. When other bodily fluids end up on me...use your imagination. Even if they aren't symbolically placed by my heart.

3. Now that William is rolling over from front to back, he is constantly practicing. In the bath tub, on the changing table, in his car seat as I am buckling him in. Not exactly a warm heart. More like a stopped heart.



I could go on and on....but I want to put an end to this post so I can start a fresh one

No comments: