background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 21, 2007

I guess we shoulda picked brown carpet...

Today was an exciting day from our carpet's point of view. Many fluids were spilled/deposited upon it like never before. William was throughly enjoying his time in the jumperoo when I decided it had been a while since I changed his diaper (less than 3 hours though). I pulled him out and took him to the changing table where I noticed his feet were all fuzzy and hairy. So gross. I then prepared a rant for John about his responsibilities for vacuuming our house. I was getting really worked up about his shirking of duties when I noticed the yellow lines running down William's legs. I had already wiped off William's disgusting feet and moved on to his legs. I didn't see any leaky spots in the diaper and was trying to figure out how he got so dirty. I got everything cleaned up and put him down on his blanket to play in the living room when he launched a spit up onto the carpet. As I went into the kitchen to get cleaning supplies, I noticed three large brown spots under the jumperoo. Walking back into the living room, Mango began retching onto the carpet. Argh! So, I spent a better part of the day cleaning our carpet and apologizing to John in my head as well as wishing we had investing in a nice brown of yellow carpet the color of baby poo.

It hasn't been a slow day here at our house though! William woke up crying (unusual) and when I went to investigate, he was on his tummy in his crib! Since this morning, I have had to go in and flip him back over 2 other times from him stomach. I think he forgot he knows how to get off of his stomach. In fact, I can hear him in there grunting and wiggling right now. I'll have to check on him again in a few minutes. We spent lots of other time practicing our rolling today as well as standing and sitting up in the highchair. On top of that, we're getting closer to breaking through with that first tooth. We were so busy, I didn't even have time to take any pictures today (*gasp*).

This evening, we had some worrisome diaper issues, so we'll be keeping a close eye on him for the next 24 hours. We'll need to lay low tomorrow and just hang out together!


Standing up with balance help from Daddy


Standing up with help (daddy is still there)


Tonight, Mango thought it would be neat to see what bath time is all about first hand. Turns out it is yummy! (as he licks his lips)

No comments: