background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 14, 2007

Summer is Here...I think!

Well, it was pretty warm today and many of our summer blooms are coming out. I thought I was going to miss some of my favorite flowers when we were out of town. Yeah! They waited! William and I went out for a walk and got a little weeding done in some of our flower beds before William announced he was done outside.

"Mom's Lilacs"


Pink peonies


White/pink peonies


Purple Clematis


Every year I think the calla lilies didn't make it -and every year I am wrong!

We are trying to tough it out without our air conditioning on for another few days. We are going to have to break down and turn it on soon, but we're trying to hold off a little longer. In the history of the time we have lived in Missouri, I think this is the longest we have even gone into spring/summer without the air on. It is only about 85 degrees now, but it feels pretty warm - we know it is only going to get warmer. Thank goodness tomorrow we are supposed to have some rain and thunderstorms. Maybe we'll get some cooler temperatures with it :)



Using the manual settings on my camera is something I don't usually do because he is moving around too much to catch what I want. Here is some manual practice during nap time (poor kid never catches a break).

And finally, William's newest trick - reaching and grabbing his feet! He has been working on it for a few days now and is getting pretty good at it!

No comments: