background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Big Boy Pants

Yesterday was a busy day. We managed to get out for a walk and I got to the dentist. William bottle fed very well again for John while I was gone - Yeah! We also enjoyed a visit from another one of my coworkers who is also on maternity leave this evening. The biggest news of the day is another milestone William has achieved - creating tears for the first time. We don't have any pictures of this event as there was a huge amount of guilt when I discovered real tears coming down my baby's cheeks...:(

Today, the 8th grade floor was celebrating February birthdays with a potluck at lunch time. They made sure to call and invite me for the big celebration. William and I managed to make it on time and both be in good moods! William wore an outfit from the building principals which included a pair of jeans he can finally wear and not look ridiculous in - his big boy pants! I also was able to bottle feed him for the first time while we were out, which made it possible for us to visit with a lot of different people and stop at Target for a few things before heading home. We got home at the same time as John and we went for our first walk as a family! It was great - William snoozed the whole time as John and I had about 45 minutes of time to visit about our day!


We look forward to a visit from the Grandparents McGarry this weekend - they will arrive late Thurs/early Friday morning to see our little boy and do some more work in the basement! We can't wait to see them.

goodnight,

the heidts


Checking myself out in the mirror...


William in his big boy pants

P.S. I have several e mails complimenting my journal about William. Several of you readers out there are questioning my dedication to keeping up the postings. Well, William does not have a baby book of any kind...so far this is the only place I am keeping track the dates and other important "firsts" for our family.

P.P.S I think William's hair is getting lighter...anyone else see it?

No comments: