background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pardon me, Tooth #10

Yesterday we noticed Amelia's tenth tooth is coming in. The upper left molar. The other molars won't be far behind. Which would probably explain her crabbiness and lack of night time sleep.


The weather has been perfect over the last few days. John has worked in some walks with the kids and some yardwork as well. We've (read: I've) been itching to fire up the grill and tonight we grilled up some yummy chicken! Also, tonight I attempted asparagus for the first time. It might surprise you to know I've never eaten asparagus (sarcasm!). I read a big article about the health benefits of asparagus recently. So, I decided it was time to give a try. I did extensive research in the three minutes I had to spare today and came up with this recipe.

The results:

John: Asparagus? Really? I'll give it a try.....You can definitely make that again.
Kelly: I'm scared. Green vegetables are not my friends. Must be a good example. Must be a good example. John is going to have to try it first. After John liked it, I tried is as well. It was....surprising. It was good. We'll be making this again soon. Maybe tomorrow.
William: What is it called? Aspapappapaap...what? I'm not eating it. [bribe of more noodles is offered and he takes the bait]. MORE ASPARAGUS PLEASE!
Amelia: Mmmmmmmm ......(she ate every single piece I put on her tray tonight!)


Now, it could be a fluke never to be repeated again, but I have to say I'm feeling a little bit like Super Mama because my family ate a healthy vegetable in massive quantities tonight. Also, William has not ever requested more vegetables. Ever. Ever, ever, ever. Not even once. That, my friend is something worth documenting.

No comments: