background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 15, 2010

A Birthday Party!

We had the opportunity to go home to Minnesota to spend some quality time with our families for an entire week! While we were there (as usual), we squeezed in a whole LOT of fun stuff! Today we threw Amelia her first first birthday party with all our Minnesota family and friends in attendance.



Mama and her girl welcoming the guests to the party

The kids playing together - William and cousins Alex and Elena

Amelia looking at her sparkly princess wand



Someone brought William books. He then parked himself with who ever would read to him for the rest of the day.


Cousin Alex - I can't get over how grown up these two have become. Which default means my kiddo must be doing the same thing since he is roughly 6 months older than his cousins.

Yes, they are related. Alex admires the hotwheels collection

The girls play - I was amazed at how well Elena did with the little babies. She was so gentle and sweet with them. She happily shared toys and moved around them so everyone could play. So different from William - I'm afraid to say!

Girlfriends! Amelia and Cana (the daughter of one of my very best friends)


Amelia standing on her own two feet! Even more amazing was the fact we got a picture of the event!

Mama's happy birthday banner got some more useCake for everyone


Amelia had her own little cake I made. For some reason it was important to me that I make the first cake she gets to taste. Even if it did come from a box. I had a pretty white dress picked out for Amelia to wear at her birthday party. We drove a long way to get to MN and after unpacking and putting the kids to bed, John ran to the store to get a chocolate cake and white frosting. Well...as normal with us, John came home with a white cake and chocolate frosting. Luckily I had brought along a brown dress as well. Good thing with all that chocolate frosting. However, when I frosted up the cake, I somehow ran out of frosting. So it was a pretty....ugly first cake. I will vouch for it tasting good though.

Mike and the kids share their cake and ice cream


Amelia's first cake. She was a little more aggressive than William was. William couldn't figure out what to do with the cake when we put it down in front of him. Amelia on the other hand...

Amelia dove right in


She got both hands in deep in the frosting








I felt bad that she really didn't eat any cake so I shared a little piece with her before I stripped her down and bathed her in my mom's new extra deep kitchen sink. It is the perfect size for giving a baby a bath. Thanks to everyone who came and celebrated with us! It was a special day for our girl!

No comments: