background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sick? Or something?

We're sick around here. Or something. William ran a fever for a day or so and has been extra special crabby*. On this day, he went down early for his nap and ACTUALLY WENT TO SLEEP. It was Big News around here. He woke up about an hour later, crying. I went in to him and it became clear he wasn't done sleeping. Eventually he wiggled out of my arms and put his head back on his pillow, still crying. I covered him up and he sighed deeply and went to sleep. An hour after that, he woke up again crying. I picked him up and brought him to the living room. He snuggled into my side and promptly fell back asleep. Amelia woke up from her nap and I was forced to slide William off my lap to get her from the crib. I thought that movement and the noise of his sister playing with his toys would be enough to rouse him. I did what any parent would do:

I hurried up and took his picture.
Half an hour later, he was doing this
And a full hour later, he was doing this.


He finally woke up just moments before John walked through the door. A four hour nap sure made for a peaceful afternoon.

*I was certain we had the H!N! flu at this point. Fever and I think he coughed twice. I had resigned myself that the whole family was going to be sick over the next week or so and made some mad runs to the stores to stock up on sick supplies (soup,cough drops, adult cough medicine, tissues, etc). In hindsight, it turns out to just have been a virus lasting just over a day. Oh well, I'm sure we'll pick up the flu for Christmas. We like to bring the drama at the holidays around here.



And because this makes me laugh. If your pet isn't sleeping well, there are now orthopedic options available. Just so you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I have seen his mother doing the very same thing in that chair.
Dad