background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Grandma Broke a Diaper

And, now for more about this big boy!

1. He is full on into mimicking us all the time. Here he is whistling with Daddy after dinner:





2. And copying Grandpa's facial expressions (and laughing his head off). This video is from before Memorial Day weekend.



3. This one is hard to hear in the video because I wasn't close enough to him. But, sometimes that is the way things go when you are feeding a baby girl. But, the way he says scissors melts me into a huge puddle on the floor with the cuteness of it all. The unfortunate thing is he has now corrected himself and doesn't pronounce it "lizzars" anymore. Sadness all around.



4. Grandma broke a diaper
-Explanation: In February, Grandma and Grandpa were here to celebrate my birthday. My mom took pity on my poor hugely pregnant self and gave William a bath one night (Thanks Ma!) While she was getting him dressed, the tape on his diaper broke off. It was no big deal. We got a different diaper moved on. No one was upset and it was really not a big deal. At almost every single diaper change, he reports to me conversationally, "Grandma broke a diaper". So, for at least 4 diaper changes a day for the last 3 months, I have heard about Grandma breaking the diaper. The story never changes, it doesn't get longer or shorter. Grandma broke the diaper and that's it.


5. Fingersnails
-Explanation: This is what William calls the hard growths at the end of your fingers. You know, the part you cut periodically.

Speaking of which, I don't know if he is going through a growth spurt or what, but his are growing like CRAZY. I am probably cutting them every 4 days. Crazy.

6. I busy Mama, busy.
-Reported to me after spinning himself around the room in circles and falling down.

3 comments:

Tom and Robyn said...

So THAT'S why you're so determined to get him potty trained. You've heard the diaper story plenty of times. ;) It's cute when things like that stick with them.

I also find it sad when something cute that Jacob says corrects itself.

Nicole said...

Hilarious :)I love "fingersnails"!!

Nicole said...

Hilarious :)I love "fingersnails"!!