background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, February 23, 2009

Trivia & OB

We had a busy weekend. Our (okay, my) to do list of Very Important Things is growing by the minute. I won't bore you with the details, but it is safe to assume that our house is cleaner now than it was before this weekend. However, it still isn't Clean Enough. More work needs to be done. Again, I won't bore you with the details - but it is safe to say that I/we have a lot of work to do. The general updates are these:

1. The OB visit on Friday was uneventful. I am proud to announce that I managed to not gain any weight in the last two weeks. The only other piece of interested news is that my belly measurement was smaller this week. My OB believes this is probably due to baby moving lower down into my pelvis. Based on the feeling of a large weight sitting on my hip bones and tailbones, I would have to agree. The doctor is confident in predicting that this baby is not going to wait for its due date. I say wait and see - I'm not buying it this time around (she said the same thing last time, but I went almost to the due date). Everything else was normal and unexciting. I go back on Thursday for my 36 week appointment which is also my birthday. In celebration of my 30th birthday, I will have an ultrasound to determine if the baby's head is facing down, an internal exam, and a strep B culture taken. Woo hoo!

2. We played on trivia teams twice this weekend with some friends. It was a lot of fun - although expensive once we paid the sitter, the table fees and bought ourselves some raffle tickets. But, it was a great way to spend one of our last weekends without a newborn in the house!

3. John sees the hand doctor again tomorrow. He promises an exciting update complete with pictures.

1 comment:

Tom and Robyn said...

WHAT??? You can have a baby before the due date? How come no one has told my children?

It sounds like you have some pretty exciting plans for your birthday. Gotta love the internal exams. Have fun!