background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 19, 2009

35 Weeks

Tomorrow we will reach the 35 week mark of this pregnancy. I'd like to offer you some sort of dialog to demonstrate how gracefully I am taking this late stage in the pregnancy, but I don't really have anything to say. I'm feeling huge. I caught a full length view of the belly while exiting the shower earlier in the week and was completely startled by the....the massiveness that is my stomach region. I'm up several times a night to go to the bathroom. I cannot roll over without assistance. My feet are unreachable (as well as a few other body parts I'll leave to your imagination). Bathing William, changing William, and finding room on my lap for William are all becoming very difficult.

However, I don't have time to dwell on all these things because I have a list as big as my belly that needs to be accomplished. I am unable to complete simple tasks anymore. Emptying two garbage cans today took over 45 minutes to complete because once emptied required bleaching, then scrubbing. The oven and refrigerator are clean. Under the oven is clean and our pantry is now sparkling and organized. The decorative items on top of the kitchen cabinets are calling to be cleaned. The tubs and showers have been scoured. The car seat cover is washed as is the bouncy seat cover and swing. The basement windows are clean (inside anyways). The baby quilt is finished as are almost all of my baby related projects. Several still loom, but will be tackled this weekend. Today alone I made 12 different lists of things that need to be accomplished. Soon.

It is safe to say that I am nesting, and full force.

One of the items on the list was to post here with a few details that need to be tied up.

1. Big Boy Bed: Sleeping is going well. We have been successfully sleeping in the big boy bed for all naps and overnights with very few problems for almost a month now. I confess I feared we would not ever reach this point, but after a very rough first few nights, we have had smooth sailing ever since.

2. Baby Arrival: Nothing is happening that would make me think this baby is going to arrive anytime soon. Although I'm uncomfortable, I'm more than happy to keep this one inside for awhile longer to enjoy sleeping, showering, and eating. I'm also working very hard to try and enjoy these last few weeks of this pregnancy. The kicks, the wiggles, the hiccups. Soon, enough those will be gone along with my ability to sleep through the night.

3. Announcing baby Arrival: We plan (please note plans sometimes do not work out) to take our laptop with us to the hospital with us again. There is a list of family members that will receive a phone call when the baby arrives. After those family members have been reached, we will post here on the website all the important information from the hospital.

I will keep you updated as things progress up to the due date, but probably will not be able to tell you when we leave for the hospital. My OB has made it clear that when labor starts I am to get myself to the hospital as quickly as possible. From start to finish, labor with William was 4 hours. Seeing as we prefer to deliver at the hospital, not enroute, I probably will not take the time to update you once things start.

4. Medical Updates: John sees the hand doctor again next Tuesday. He continues to progress with with physical therapy and we are seeing huge improvements. Over the weekend, the fingernail fell off, which has left some question about whether or not he will be able to regrow a fingernail again. Good thing I wasn't in our relationship for the fingernails. I see my OB tomorrow. William had a recheck for ear infection on Tuesday and the ear infection has cleared up. However, we found he now has a virus - which of course needs to just work itself out.


The end

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I have been thinking of you!!! I am glad to hear you are feeling so great (um, and a bit jealous that you are still sleeping at 35 weeks.)... it sounds like your house is very clean (again, jealous!). I can't wait to hear more about all your big changes :)

Tom and Robyn said...

I was with you on your whole pregnancy narrative, until you got to this thing called cleaning. What is it, exactly?

I'm hope that John's recovery keeps going well, and it sounds like he's really improving now.

John & Kelly said...

Of course it is possible to have a baby before the due date. My doctor likes to talk about this possibility with me, but I wouldn't put ANY money on this baby coming much earlier than it's due date. She can talk all she wants :) It isn't going to change anything!