background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!

Well, it has happened. I turned 30 today and survived. It wasn't maybe the thirtieth birthday I was planning on having ten years ago, but it was still a very very nice day.

William slept in this morning a little bit - which is a great gift! I considered trying to teach him the "Happy Birthday" song again, but thought that might be weird. You know, to be singing Happy Birthday all by myself to myself. So, I didn't.

I had an OB appointment this morning (I party hard, you know?) in which I had my strep B culture taken, my first internal exam and then an ultrasound. The good news is that the baby is continuing to move further down and my belly size is getting a tiny bit smaller. Also good news is the baby is head down. Other than that, there is nothing exciting to report.

John came home early today and we spent a few minutes together until William woke up from his nap this afternoon and then we left William with the neighbor while we went out on a date. Together. Alone.

John took me to The Melting Pot for dinner. I've always wanted to try this restaurant, we just never had. It was wonderful and amazing - although it took a little longer than we had anticipated. We had wonderful food and it was great to hang out and chat with each other. However, there is strong evidence that we are getting Old as we spent most of the time discussing what projects we are going to try and tackle at home this weekend. Old and Boring here we come.

The only bad news out of today is that when we got home, I was too full to eat any birthday cake. Which was chocolate cake with chocolate chips, chocolate frosting and strawberry filling. It smells wonderful! But, it will have to wait until tomorrow!

Mama and William
All of us (or the top half of us)
This is the face of a trouble maker
The cheese course with John's Yin &Yang drink.
Our entree course cooking up. Surprising? The broccoli was okay. I ate more than one piece - go me!
The dessert course - chocolate, chocolate. chocolate!

Look! We went out for dinner! Without one of our two kids (for the record, I considered leaving the youngest at home, but decided against it).

2 comments:

Nicole said...

What a great birthday!!! Looks like a ton of fun. Alone dates are so exciting :)

You look GREAT by the way :)

(PS I think you are having a girl)

Anonymous said...

Kelly, You are positively glowing, and how can you hide your pregnant belly so well? I NEED your secrets to this.

Love
Andrea