background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Next Big Thing Vol 2

I've been quiet this week. There is a lot going on, but it isn't really anything new. This is a post that has brewing for quite some time, only I wasn't sure how to tackle it because it is so big. This was the first week of school here in Missouri and it is hard on me to not go back. This is only the second year that I haven't gone "back to school" since I was 5 years old. Old habits die hard. I miss the kids, I miss my coworkers, I miss the smell of the freshly waxed floors in the hallway, I miss the books and the crazy questions eighth graders think to ask. Earlier this year, I had a post called The Next Big Thing. The Next Big Thing is sort of a family joke around our house. But, that was an important day because that was the day that I resigned my teaching contract with the school district. It was a very difficult decision for me and for us as a family. I didn't write about the specifics that day because I was feeling pretty fragile about my decision and I wasn't sure where I was going next. I haven't even really discussed it with anyone in person either unless they specifically asked about it.

I've been waiting to write about it until I was feeling more comfortable- but I haven't. I had even decided that I wasn't going to write about it here at all. But, this poignant first week of school and the accompanying writer's block have forced the issue. So, I'm not going to say much more. I do have big plans and ideas about what I want to do next. Some things are in the works and many things haven't worked out. I may talk about it here, I may not. We'll have to see how things go.

Now, with that out of the way, I can maybe get out several of the other posts brewing around in my head.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I feel your pain!!! That must have been a stressful decision for you!!!!

Sometimes I miss things about work, but like you there is always something on the horizion. The nice thing for me? I feel like I have an unlimited amount of possibilities.