background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 10, 2008

More swimming, zoo

I have swimming pictures and some zoo pictures to share from this weekend. But, I have a new book that I am almost done reading and I'm tired. Check back later...\

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it is later, much later. This week I have been hard pressed to pull myself away from the couch anytime that William is sleeping or stay up past 11pm. I finally figured that I need to get caught up because we close to a week behind and I'm not feeling any more energetic (trying to go without the a/c for a few days will do that to a girl. All I want is to lay on the couch and sweat). Photos from Thursday's swimming lesson with daddy (I figured I need to get these up before tomorrow's lesson! Ack! A week behind!)

At the beginning of the lesson, the kids all have a free play time to splash and play in the water with toys. William spends most of this time trying to empty the entire bucket of toys into the water or taking toys away from kids who are much much younger than him.

Then it is time to practice kicking. We do laps on our bellies and on our backs.
So far, William hasn't been interested in the kicking part much. That was until he figured out how much fun to was to splash his daddy.Jumping off the wall to daddy
Swimming with a smile on
Sliding off the big water slide to daddy
Look how happy the boys are together!
Amazing clouds - look to the right of the stoplight. Half of the entire sky is clouded over.
Cutie carrying around all of his cars
With summer coming to a close, we had to push in a trip to the St Louis Zoo this last weekend. We got there early (totally recommend that) so it wasn't crowded or too hot yet.

The penguin exhibit is amazing - they are so close. William loved watching them and would have stayed in the enclosure for a long time if it wasn't kept so cold in there! Here he is making his "Oooooh!!" face
Mesmerized by the splashing birds
We enjoyed some swimming seals here with Daddy

We caught peeks at a few other animals (seals, birds, monkeys, fish, etc). William also liked watching the other kids a lot!
Walking up the big hill
Watching the monkeys play with daddy

In all, we had a great trip to the zoo and I think we may even try it again before it gets to be cold around here. We even figured out the children's zoo thing (free! before 9am!) for next time. William was WAY better than I thought he would be about being strapped into his stroller and even tried out a few new words: "Look" and "C'mon". Very cute, very fun!

No comments: