background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, July 11, 2008

We shouldn't have laughed Part II

Tonight at dinner we had peas. Well, peas and other stuff. William is either gobbling up the peas faster than I can put them on his plate (this is NOT my child, we all know how I feel about peas) or refusing to let them get within 3 feet of his mouth. Tonight he was a'gobbling away with the peas when he suddenly stopped to examine the pea in his hand. He turned it around and around, carefully looking at all of the sides.

After maybe a minute he held the pea up in the air and pronounced "Ball!"

"What??!" We asked him..

"Ball" he said even more clearly and then he threw the pea. And then did it over and over again. This would be the part where we should not have laughed and did anyway. I'm not sure we'll be able to eat peas without the throwing for some time to come.

PS In other news, we pulled up to the gas station tonight to fill up the car. John hopped out to fill the tank and I was left in the car with William. Trying to be a good companion, I made some conversation to fill the time. "Where did Dada go?" I asked William. "Gas." was his reply. Good thing he was there to explain it to me - although I did have to giggle at the gas part...

No comments: