background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hurricane William

William has always been a busy boy. Things haven't changed at all. If anything, he is getting busier and busier by the day. Here is a sample of his handiwork from yesterday. Please note: all messes pictured were made within a 15 minute time frame. This is what happens to me when I try to get ready for the day. What is sad to me is that I am capable of getting ready in less than 15 minutes for my day. However, I cannot get ready that quickly when I have one foot on the toilet lid and the opposite knee holding shut the cabinet doors (mind you, they do have "locks" on them) while ensuring he doesn't dig in the trash or play with the plunger.

Exhibit A: the living room
Exhibit B: the bedroom/bathroom
Exhibit C: The bathroom cabinet.
Not shown: Exhibits D-L including the kitchen, laundry room, pantry, his bedroom, and the hall closet.

In other random cuteness, we keep finding him doing things like this:
I was working on dinner when I turned around to find William cooking...
Frying up some goldfish while Mama makes dinner

I can't seem to find this one in any of my baby books? Does anyone know approximately how old babies are when they first master this?

Trying very hard to figure out the can opener
This would be one of his favorite things lately, except I've taken to hiding it away. Otherwise, when I need it, I'm reduced to checking under couch cushions and inside toy cars to find it. The problem with this set up is now I can't find it because I put it somewhere where William can't find it. I can't win.
Still working at it.
A few days ago, I was getting us ready to leave the house to run some errands. William disappeared. I finished rounding up the library books and putting together the stuff I was dropping off at a friend's house when I heard William crying. I found him here: in his exersaucer. The exersaucer is currently sitting out in his room because we don't have anywhere to store it currently. He figured out how to climb into it himself, but then couldn't get back out again. If you look carefully, you can see how outraged he is by his inability to get himself out of the exersaucer. Great mama that I am, I ran to get the camera and snapped a few pictures before rescueing the poor kid. Gotta get my blackmail now!

No comments: