background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

15 Month Appointment = Baby Jail

We had our 15 month appointment with the ped. all the way on last Monday. Tuesday through Saturday William ran a fever, was irritable, and wasn't eating very much. Saturday the fever was gone, but the coughing, gooey green nose and continued disinterest in eating came around. Its been a fun week people. We are finally seeing some improvement in the all around attitude and congestion. The eating has yet to see any improvement. What this all means is I have been living in the equivalent of baby jail for over a week. I haven't been to the Y, to church or to play dates because of our infectious mess of a son and it is starting to take a toll. I'm going a little stir crazy staying home and not seeing other people.


So, to sum up the appointment, everything looks good and is normal. 1 shot was given and William cried like a baby for several minutes afterward. His growth continues to be upward and his development is..."advanced" in the words of our pediatrician. She advised us that he does not need the baby toys any longer and we should be using toys and books appropriate for age 3+. I'm not sure how I feel about that....we'll have to see what we come up with. I wanted to tell her that we don't really have any control over what he plays with, etc. He really has a mind of his own...wonder where he got that from? The quick facts:

Height: 32.75 inches (up 1/4 of an inch from 3 months ago)
Weight: 26 lbs 3.5 oz (up 3 lbs 1 oz)
Head Circumference: 48.75 cm (up .75 cm)

Everything else looks either "great" or "totally normal". Remind me to tell you about the diaper and kiss incident tomorrow. Tonight I'm tired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That William is such a character! I like the post above where he is stealing kisses... Too cute!

Keiran is really far ahead of his age group as well. He is about 3.25 and is already reading and writing. It is sometimes hard to keep him engaged, and like you, I have no control over what he wants to do or play with. We have always bought him toys that are ahead of his age range. We mostly like leap frog products since there are generally no little parts and even Tristan can play with them. I am at the point with Keiran that I don't always know what to do with him so I let him lead the way.