background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 30, 2008

5 K = Complete

The 5 K race was today. John and I were both supposed to run together while a friend watched William for us. However, we just can't seem to shake the sickness stuff and John was unable to run. John came down with some yucky flu bug on Friday night and spent most of Saturday sleeping. Sunday morning he was feeling better, but not running a 5 K kind of better. I wasn't sure if I should run with the funny feeling stomach I woke up with, but decided it was nerves. Still not sure if I'm getting sick or just tired from a very long weekend. My initial goal was to be able to run an entire 5 K race. After training and realizing that wouldn't be problem, I started to up the ante in my head. I played with different completion time scenarios in my head and began to try and shave time off of my training workouts. In the gym, I was able to complete the entire 5 K distance in under 30 minutes (29.55, to be exact). Turns out, when running outside and it is raining and cold and I'm wearing too many layers, and there isn't a clock in sight, it takes a lot longer. So, I pleased that I accomplished my original goal of completing the run. I'm thinking about registering for another run to see if I can get a better time. Or, I might just be okay with trying to best my own time on the track in the climate controlled world where I can run in my favorite tank top. We'll see.





Finishing the race. The time was terrible, but I ran the whole thing...which was the first goal of mine.


William congratualting me after the race by trying to put his fingers in my water.

No comments: