background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Rest of December

We hung out at the McGarry's for the rest of December. We visited daily with Grandpa Heidt and recovered from the flu. We got to go out to eat with William's godparents, the Gaedke's, without a baby (it was like being grown ups!) and we played lots of cards.

On December 29th, we celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary! I thought 6 years deserved something pretty special and so I had lots of ideas swirling around in my head. I knew I wouldn't be able to beat some of our previous anniversaries, but I could try! Here is a look at some previous anniversary celebrations!











Where else? Welcome to Melbourne (Mel-Burn or they'll make fun of you), Austrailia.


Dripping wet in front of Russell Falls, Tasmania, Austrailia.

Dressed for our Hole in the rock adventure

At the Hole in the Rock in New Zealand for our honeymoon

On our first anniversary, we were driving home from MN after Christmas. We had car trouble and ended up having an unromantic disagreement on the side of the road.... From then on, I promised myself we would always make plans and go somewhere to make our anniversary special.


On our 2nd anniversary trip to London and Paris. The Roman Baths on 12/29/2003 in Bath, England.

At Stonehenge

On the same trip, we took the Chunnel train to Paris for the day.


On our 3rd anniversary in Hawaii


Together on our 4th anniversary at the romance capital: Niagara Falls.


Together shortly before our 5th wedding anniversary. John is behind the, ummm, belly there. We made it back to St Louis for our anniversary, but I confess to being huge and miserable and putting something together very special. We went out to eat and didn't fight.






And this year? Well, Christmas and traveling with a baby and recovering from the flu took its toll on me. Grandma and Grandpa babysat while we went to dinner and then a movie together. Is it the Eifel tower? Nope, but that is our life now I guess! I confess to be a little disappointed with the lack of fanfare, but it was good to get out together and then have some great people to toast our marriage with champagne when we came home at the end of the evening.

Happy 6th Anniversary!

No comments: