background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 21, 2008

It wasn't funny then

One night last week, I was making dinner while William toddled around the kitchen. John was outside staining the shelves for our bookshelf. William made his way into the hallway from the kitchen, back to the kitchen, into the laundry room across the hall and back again. I was watching him, but not with eagle eyes as he wandered in and out of the different areas right around the kitchen. Sometimes he was empty handed and other times he had toys/tupperware lids/one of his socks/a 5 pound bag of potatoes in his hands. At some point, I heard some noise coming from outside and I distinctly remember thinking "I wonder what is going on outside? Who is making all that noise?"

A few seconds later John came into the house via the laundry room door stomping and yelling "What are you doing?"

It was right then I noticed William sitting quietly on the floor in the hallway with my keychain in his sweetly dimpled hands. I grabbed the keys and ran to the garage where I tried to remember what to push to turn the alarm off. As I pressed buttons the alarm continued to sound. Figuring the garage door being shut wasn't helping matters, I opened the door. This revealed the problem. Both cars parked in the driveway were sounding their alarms. Somehow, William had managed to set both of them off in record time....sure wasn't funny then. Kind of is now, except he set mine off today again while John was in the garage again.



Proving that it isn't all fun and games with car alarms around here. Actual progress on our bookshelf. There are shelves installed! Just waiting on some doors for the lower portion and some crown molding to install and it will be done!

No comments: