background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, January 18, 2008

3.0

At this precise time last year, we were timing contractions. Real live actual contractions. Contractions that weren't taking me anywhere soon, but that took my mom and dad through Iowa in one of the worst ice storms in the history of ever. The contractions ended and my parents arrived. What a deal. This year I can tell you 100% for sure that the baby will not be having a birthday until next week. Last year I wasn't so great at reading the future. Takes practice, I guess.

To celebrate, I'm going to let you in on one of my New Year's Resolutions. A personal goal of mine. Last spring, I started working out again at the Y. At that time, I felt like things were kind of a lost cause. I jogged halfheartedly around the track while parts of my body swayed along with me. It was not a pretty feeling. At that time, I resolved to get back into some kind of shape and run a 5K Race as a family.

On December 31st, 2007, I proudly announced my resolution idea to John. His response: "It isn't fair for you to make resolutions for me." Hmmmm...point taken. At that point, the resolution became

-I resolve to get myself in shape enough that I can slowly jog a 5K race without throwing up, passing out or making a fool out of myself.

and the training began. As a celebration to the beginning of my labor with my baby boy, I jogged 3.0 miles today. Enough progress has been made to fully confess here what my intentions are. Will I follow through and jog a race? Who knows, but I'll be ready...

Speaking of the baby boy, here are some pictures from this week:


For comparison, here is William at 5 weeks old in his bouncy seat. I then let a friend use it for awhile as William didn't fit in it anymore. We just got it back and here is the current state.


An updated picture of him in his bouncy seat

Yes, he is holding my cell phone. It is one of only three ways I know how to make him hold still for a few seconds.

A different angle. Loving the attitude.



A few people have asked me when we are going to cut his hair. The answer: when I'm ready. I thought I would be ready at the 1 year mark. Then last week I noticed these sweet curls starting in the back. It might be a lot longer.


More sweet baby curls.



PS Teething update: Molar #2 is almost completely through. Molar #3 and #4 will be arriving shortly. Warning: 4 more bumps sighted in the canine positions. Bring it on baby.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the curls. They are so sweet!!

What a great resoluction...I wish I had such determination.

Anonymous said...

resolution. It is hard to type with Keiran talking at the same time apparently.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Go Kelly! :) Great resolution, you can do it!