background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Finally Caught up!

I think I am finally caught up! Whew! That was a lot of work. On my honor, I swear I won't let it get that bad again! We have several updates I've been waiting to post so everything can stay in order.


1. William's walking: Walking/running are now the preferred mode of getting from point A to point B. He still isn't super steady on his feet and several times a day sends himself flying at great speeds into the closest pointy/dangerous object. I am now breathing normally only between the hours of 9pm - 7am.

2.William's first word/s! I was going to post about this before we left, but I wasn't entirely sure that he knew what he was saying. Also, I didn't want to write down in the baby book that his first word is : "No". Officially started 12/18/2007. I was kind of hoping for a mama or a dada or something else cute to write down. But, no it is. I guess he hears it often enough... Although I'm not thrilled that it is his first work, I have to admit it is the cutest darn thing when he says it! Somehow he has picked up a little southern accent (eek! We might need to move! Next he'll want grits for breakfast!) and it comes out "Nnnnoooooah". He uses it all the time now: No he doesn't want to drink his milk, no he doesn't want to be wiped off, no he doesn't want to be dressed, etc. My favorite is when he does something naughty like dropping/throwing food off of his high chair tray and tells himself "Nnnnooooah"

3. Over Christmas we added "mama" (sounds like MAH! and always at top volume) and this last weekend we added "Meow"! So cute! He is working on Dada too, just isn't as consisitent with it yet. All done, bye bye and night night are also in the works. I can't tell you cute the night night one is. He said it back to me the for the first time on Friday night after he was in his crib. I said "Night night William, I love you." He looked back at me and said "nye nye". I just wanted to scoop him right up and love on him for being so cute...but I didn't. I was strong and left him to go to sleep. He has now said "nye nye" every time I've put him down for a nap/bedtime since then! I'm not counting it as a true word yet because right now he is just repeating what I'm saying. I want him to MEAN it!

4. It was almost 75 degrees here on Sunday! It was a beautiful day! So, off we hiked with our hiking pals to Busch Wildlife area. It was great to get out and enjoy the fresh air as well as reconnect with our pals.

Daddy and William hike together

Jeff always has his laminated map ready to go (and alphabetized in his ring binder of course!)

It is funny the stuff you see out hiking...like kitchen sinks!
5. Over Christmas, I was starting to feel a little concerned about William's appetite. He had really slowed down to eating almost nothing with every meal, which is very usual for him. After some poking around, I discovered he is cutting at least 4 teeth (molars). Yuck! That would explain his lack of appetite as well as his crabbiness over the holiday! As of yesterday, we have molar completely through with 3 more close behind. Bring 'em on! Let's get this done!

Also, it seems like as soon as we got home, someone switched the hungry button back on again. Not what was the cause, just glad to not be worrying about it anymore.

6. Dancing. William got a Little People CD from his great grandparents McGarry and he LOVES it. He loves to "sing" along with it and dance also! It is too cute! Video is in the works.

7. I'm not sure love is the right word to describe William's feelings for the vacuum cleaner. He has always liked it and loves when I pull it out to clean. He especially likes this smaller vacuum as he can push it around himself....

When do you think he is old enough to have chores? I don't really care to vacuum...


Leave me alone! I'm busy!


I think he played with the vacuum for close to an hour yesterday...

No comments: