background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

When it Rains, It Pours...

When it rains, it pours around here. If you've been keeping up, you know that we got almost 8 inches of snow here last Friday in what is the biggest snow in years around here. Crazy, I know. Well, the weekend was wet and slushy, but nothing out of the ordinary for us. Until Sunday. Sunday we were sitting in our living room pretending to make plans for the rest of the day when a flash of light caught our eyes. Why yes, snowstorm on Friday and a thunderstorm on Sunday. In fact, on my way to the grocery store to pick up a few items for the Heidt Threesome NOTSuper Bowl UNparty (TM), it even hailed for several minutes on us. I thought that was wild until this week. Yesterday I got both of us (William and myself) up and out the door to go to the Y. To my surprise, the bank sign read 75 degrees. And it felt like 75 degrees. If I would have know that, I would have probably skipped the Y and taken the baby for a walk outside.

But, today is the best of all. It started raining this morning sometime. A light sprinkle that went off and on all morning/afternoon until right after I put William down for a nap at 3pm. Then, we had a ton of thunder/lightening and hail, again. This time for closer to fifteen minutes (by my inaccurate timing).


Shortly after the hail started, I went to see what was happening. Here is what I saw:

Here is our deck. It was snow free this morning...now we have hail!

This was taken right after the first photo, only with the flash so you can see the hail streaking down (and why the photo is so dark).

While I was watching the hail coming down, I heard a funny dripping noise coming from our lovely fireplace. I checked around and couldn't figure out where it was coming from and called John with my joyous news. Tonight, we did some more investigating and it appears we have a leak. John confirmed our suspicions with the discovery of wet insulation in our attic. Shortly after John reappeared from spelunking in the attic, I went into the laundry room to finish up a load of diapers I started earlier in the evening. It smelled VERY clean in the laundry room, and although I do keep a spotless home on all occasions, it wasn't the smell I was expecting. Turns out, the laundry detergent I had resting on the back of the washer slipped and fell behind the washer/dryer when the washer went through the spin cycle. The cap on the detergent was not tightly fastened (of course) and then spilled all over the floor behind the washer and dryer. Just what we felt like doing tonight! Pulling the washer and dryer out and cleaning behind them! Yippee!


What, you are here for pictures of the baby?
Here are some pictures from this weekend!


William with his "B" (his word, not mine) looking out the window. It might be hard to see him at first because of the camouflage he is wearing...look closely! Thanks to godmother Jessica for his cute new shirt with dinosaur camouflage!


Here is one of our hobbies: Putting items in the recycling that DON'T belong (example: blanket) and pulling out things that DO belong (example: the entire Sunday paper, each page carefully separated)

Reaching in for more stuff. This recycling container now has a new home after I found 57 of his 100 new blocks in it on Sunday afternoon.


Can't reach? Tip the whole thing over!

Pretend to only want one tiny piece of paper when anyone is looking. They won't take the recycling away from you if all you want is this one tiny piece of paper to play with...

PS Cabinet doors have arrived! Staining, etc will begin shortly. Pictures to follow.
PPS John reminds me that we are upon the one year anniversary of the great flood of 2007.
Which I apparently didn't write about in the blog last year. During the installation of plumbing in the basement, we flooded our laundry room and cleaned most of our ductwork in the process. It all turned out okay, but it was a little stressful at the time.

No comments: