background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 29, 2010

William conversations v.2

One of the skills were are working with William on is counting. He and I were practicing while we were out shopping the other day and got all the way up to 49 when he was distracted by something.

Mama: What comes after 49?

William: 5-T*

_________________________

Another skill** we are working on is identifying the beginning letter sounds of words. William thinks this is a really fun game. He especially likes to sing a song about each letter like this:

ex: "The A says ahhh the A says ahh! Every letter makes a sound, the A says ahhhh and aaaaa."***

Then we each take a few turns coming up with a word that starts with that letter.

The other day we got to the letter G, sang our song and I waited while William thought about a word that started with G. What did he come up with? Garlic. For some reason this was so unexpected to me, I had to ask him to repeat himself. Twice.


*I think this is because we talked about how forty is like the number 4. Maybe. Who knows what is going on inside his head.

**We're gearing up for preschool around here!

***Now that I think about it, I think this song is from a Leapfrog DVD we checked out from the library and watched once on the way to Grandma's house.

1 comment:

Tom and Robyn said...

That letter song is on a lot of Leapfrog things. We have the letter sounds fridge magnets, and between the 2 kids, I hear that song about 157 times a day.

Great job for William to be able to come up with the words!