background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 5, 2010

Fireworks

Here is What I did on my Summer Vacation Part III: Rochester Again

In the great summer vacation plan, John needed to go back to work. Because we came back from Fargo a day early, John didn't need to drive close to twelve hours in one day. Twelve hours isn't too bad, but when you've spent the night in a hotel without a good night's rest...well...that isn't a good idea.
John noticed this freezer case in our hotel. Really cold please.
Tip #4323: If you are eating in front of my kids, you will have to share. Even if I just fed them their body weight in oatmeal. They still have room for a little more AND will complain when their sister gets more bites. They will stand in front of you with their mouths open like little birds until you insert your food in their mouth. Plan accordingly.Tip #3453: My kids like potatoes. They fit in little hands very well and are stored at eye level and Nana's house. You just don't know where you are going to find them later.

No fireworks yet again for us on the 4th of July. My top ten "Summer ToDo List 2010" is going to be tricky to complete. Grandpa Kevin and I took William down to the Rochester fireworks (John was back in STL for work the next day). I wasn't sure how well he was going to do, so we picked an area with easy exit access. It wasn't the best viewing, but William didn't know any different and THAT is what this was all about. I didn't think he really understood what we were doing until he reminded me he saw fireworks last year at Kyle's house (our neighbors). Which was exactly right. Last year I scooped him out of bed and ran him to the neighbors house to catch the end of the fireworks when I realized he was still awake. I couldn't believe he remembered that.

William was SO excited about going. It was pretty special to be up late AND have Grandpa and Mama all to himself. While we were driving to the fireworks, William had only good things to say. He complimented the fence around a house. He told us how much he loved the van, his carseat and fireworks. Finally he sighed and said "This is my BEST favorite day ever. I am happy." And that my friends, that made me happy.
We got there early so make sure we got a good parking space. William was pretty well behaved while waiting. Out of all the stuff I brought with to entertain him, he enjoyed the people watching the most.
Sitting with Grandpa and drinking his "diet Coke" (sprite). He calls everything in a can diet coke.

Finally!!! The fireworks! The face says it all: he loved it! He talked about it nonstop during the fireworks until Grandpa nicely told him to just watch, not talk. He then proceeded to talk about it most of the way home. One moment he was talking and two seconds later he was sound asleep in his carseat. So sound asleep he didn't wake up when I unbuckled him or carried him into the house. So sound asleep he fell down on the rug when I tried to take off his shoes and coat. So sound asleep he didn't wake up after falling onto the hard ground. He just stayed sleeping curled up into a little ball. On the rug in the entryway. He finally woke up a little when I tried to get pajamas over his limp noodley body enough to tell me he "loves fireworks and wants to see them again tomorrow". I told him we'd have to talk about it tomorrow. I'll fight that battle in the morning.

No comments: