background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, February 26, 2010

Mama's Birthday

It was my birthday!
William helped Daddy make my favorite cake


You might be surprised to know there was plenty of frosting on the cake.

See? It was delicious. Chocolate cake with white frosting. Both from scratch. I love my husband!


I spent my big day at work * and then at the DMV**. Sometimes being a grown up is over rated. All I wanted was to have dinner with my family and get a cute, current picture of me with the kids. John made home made pizza crust (best! husband! ever!) and pulled together a very nice dinner here at home. The picture part wasn't as successful. But, we did try!
Cute picture of WilliamI don't know if this is flattering of any of us.


Cute picture of Mama and Mia
Getting some love from my favorite boy
And a cute, but blurry one of me and my girl


Yay!

*I was specifically asked to substitute teach for a former coworker who is receiving treatment for breast cancer. She has chemotherapy once a week on Thursday and is unable to teach Fridays. She wanted someone in her room who was familiar with the building/subject area/etc. Working one day a week has really helped me see more clearly what I think my plan is in regard for going back to work full time. I'm really not ready to share that here, so y'all are going to have to wait. I'll just say this: Good LORD I love my former coworkers. And the eighth graders.

**We got a notice at the end of last year reminding me my driver's license was going to expire on my birthday. John helpfully put it in a very visible location on our refrigerator where I looked at it everyday. And completely forgot about it until the night before my birthday. At which point, I was overjoyed to realize I would be spending a good portion of my birthday with my favorite people down at the DMV. On the last Friday of the month.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also only wanted a current picture of me with my kiddos on my birthday. The joy of a mama's heart.

Andrea