background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Oh Bummer

Oh bummer. Is William newest favorite phrases. I know it looks like it should have an exclamation point after it, but he doesn't use one when he says it so I'm not putting one there. I'm not entirely sure where it came from (me? a definite maybe). Most of the time he uses it in situations entirely appropriately. For example, when his large stack of blocks tips over, you'll hear him say "oh, bummer".

However, this new phrase is totally hilarious to both John and myself when it is a complete understatement in a situation. For example, when William doesn't listen he either looses a toy for one day or goes into time out (punishment depends on the crime). Earlier today, William was sent to a time out AND lost a favorite car for the rest of the day. His response? Oh, bummer.

John and I barely made it out of his room before busting out laughing like crazy. Funny boy.

No comments: