background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, August 28, 2009

That's my Boy

I heard both Amelia and William on the monitors in our bedroom (yes, we still use a monitor with William because he wakes up in the night still from time to time and we can't hear him from our room. The kids' room are on the other side of the house from the master bedroom and it is possible we would not ever hear them crying.) a few days ago. Since no one was crying, I took a moment to enjoy the moment of luxurious solitary laziness. However, we had places to be so the moment didn't last long (and you've seen what Amelia can do to a crib). William tends to get upset when he hears me in Amelia's room, so I usually go in and get him up and take him into Amelia's room. She always does a little happy dance in her crib when she sees William.

I opened the door to William's room and he was still laying in his bed. As my eyes adjusted to his darkened room, I saw that he was looking at a book while laying on his bed. After several seconds, William popped his head up and said "Oh! Hi mama! I'm just reading to my cars!"

And sure enough, he had six cars all lined up on the bed facing the book he was reading to them.

No comments: