background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, August 14, 2009

Summer Checklist

Someone asked me about my summer checklist. Every summer, there are some things that just need to be done. It isn't summer if you don't. We don't always get everything on the list completed, but the best summers have it all. So here is my list, off the top of my head:

1. Watch fireworks outside
2. Go to the zoo
3. Take swimming lessons
4. Go to North Dakota
5. Play in the sprinkler
6. Eat a tomato you grew yourself
7. Eat corn on the cob from a farm stand or you grew yourself (we don't have space for corn, sadly)
8. Grill. A lot.
9. Eat a popsicle/ice cream cone outside
10. Ride the Tilt-a-whirl
11. Eat molasses cake
12. Eat watermelon outside on a hot day
13. Swim at a beach with sand
14. Have a picnic. The kind where you bring a blanket to sit on.
15. Ride bikes until the bugs come out
16. Go barefoot. All the time.
17. Make strawberry jam with berries you picked yourself.
18. S'mores, over a real fire. Need I say s'more?
19. Camping in a tent.
20. Hiking a trail.


What makes your summer?

*PS I'm noticing a lot of mine are food related. Hmm...

No comments: