background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 9, 2010

The EYES!

I spend a lot of time looking at our kids, Amelia in particular. She is still such a puzzle with tiny little clues. I spend hours pondering: Who does she look like? What color will her hair be? What color will her eyes be? Will she end up with the hitchhikers thumb*?

At birth, Amelia had dark blue eyes. A deep, dark blue. As she has grown, her eyes have shifted and become more of a navy blue (which is somehow different than her original blue). In pictures, they appear brown, but when you look closer you'll find they are blue. This is the blue her eyes have been since she was roughly eight weeks old and I would have guessed they were going to stay the same based solely on our experience with William (his eyes are still the most brilliant blue).

However in the last few weeks, a subtle change has been happening. It is totally obvious to me (see above obsession), but likely not noticeable to anyone else. Slowly, little brown flecks have appeared in her deep ocean blue eyes. I'd get a picture to show you, but just changing the diaper on the girl can be like wrestling a squirmy little alligator. A loud, squirmy, baby alligator. It took me a week of looking just to confirm this change was happening.

Anyway, the flecks kind of remind me of spokes on a bike tire. They are thin and go from the center black section of the eye to the outer colored area. I can't wait to see what will happen next!



* I just did a search looking for a picture/explanation about hitchhiker's thumb and an add popped up for free shipping on metacarpal bones. Unfortunately, I think the deal has expired or I would link you through.

No comments: