background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Almost Three

William is so excited about it being his birthday. We talk about it almost every day. Very cute. I asked him what he wants to do for his birthday. His reply:

Mama, Daddy, Mia, Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Mike, Aunt Megan will be there! They will sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILLIAM!!! (jumping up and down in excitement) We will wear birthday hats and sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILLIAM (jumping up and down in excitement). Oh! and BIRTHDAY CAKE!!! (more excited jumping).

He is one excited boy. I am trying to focus in on the pieces that are important to HIM. You know, the part with the singing and the hats and the cake. Trying not to stress about the lack of a formal plan surrounding this Very Important Day. There aren't any presents, there aren't party invitations sent out. But, I know there will be singing. Oh yes, there will be lots of singing.




Here are a few other pictures of what is going on this week:
1/16/2010 Helping Mama make blueberry bread. Or, how to make something take 400% longer than it should.We love to stir and pour things.We also like to make messes, although this time we did alright.1/19/2010: We finally put a coat hook up at William's level so he can get his own jacket and hang it back up again. If you'll notice, he was so excited, he hung ALL his accessories upon it when given a chance.1/25/2010 Amelia was looking out this window and playing with this spoon (when we have hundreds of wonderful, educational toys, my children prefer flatware). Several times while I was watching her, I noticed her leaning back and standing TOTALLY UNASSISTED. That's right. My Baby girl. Standing up ALL ALONE. Sniff.
She may look cute. I promise this girl is Trouble.
Finally: Why, yes! I am a nerd who dresses her children alike at every opportunity. You have no idea how much I love this. Even though they will hate this picture.Look! The stripes line up!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Three! Happens so fast, doesn't it?

I think I have found the age where matching isn't cool anymore. It's 5. And it comes with a lot of yelling when you dress them alike. Or in something "not cool".