background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 28, 2008

Wheee....Wii

So I was reading an article in a magazine the other day about a new game coming out for the game system called Wii. It is a fitness game that focuses on your core muscles (read:stomach) and gives you points for doing yoga/pilates/strength training moves. And the people at this highly reputable magazine (Glamour, if you must know) even thought the game was fun! Yoga for points? Core muscle training that is fun? I thought it sounded interesting, so I mentioned it to John yesterday. The look on his face was priceless. Less than 24 hours after casually mentioning the game, the Heidt Household is now the proud owner of the Wii.

I was laughing in the car on the way home from purchasing the game system and said to John "We don't waste any time do we?"

In all seriousness, John turned to me and said "Did you think I was going to wait for you to change your mind? When opportunity knocks...."

Very funny. We got the game home tonight just after 5pm, but had to wait until after William went to bed to open it/play with it (see previous entries about William helping Daddy) at 9pm. I'm sure John was on pins and needles the whole time. I am surprised he didn't try to sneak out the instruction manual to read up after dinner. But, he was good and waited. And how did I reward him? I totally beat the pants off of him at bowling on the Wii's first test run (Me:187 John:116). Apparently ones actual skill at bowling has no bearing on ones skill in virtual bowling.

Onto some pictures:

This is a much nicer 15 month picture...except for the funny face.
This one is better, but I swear I didn't pose him. This is his "telephone" sign.
Hanging out in the rocking chair

He is getting so big!
And serious!
Today, asking for a smile was too much...he discovered he can rock this chair and was pretty focused on...well, rocking.



PS Just because I know you are interested, we didn't purchase the fitness game because it isn't actually out in stores yet. Ask John if you want to know the release date (or anything else about anything else for that matter).

No comments: