background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Still Busy

We are as busy as can be. All presents are wrapped for half of the family. Two more cheesecakes, more banana bread and other goodies have been made and frozen. Airport regulations have been researched. New carseat is installed. Worrying about clothing and packing has begun. It is that time of year.

William has brought his own particular brand of joy to everything. Cooking, wrapping and all the preparations require all kinds of forethought that sometimes make my head hurt with all the planning. I miss my spontaneous self...just a little bit. He is still crawling and cruising like crazy. While we were at the Y today, it is possible he took his first of many steps. He was reaching for me while standing up unassisted. With the reaching, he took two steps forward before falling into me. I feel like it was all kind of by accident and couldn't get him to do it again today. Does it count? I don't know - we'll see if he gets a little braver over the next couple of days. If he keeps it up, I'll count it. If not, I write it off as a fluke and keep on waiting!
____________________________________________________________________
We are all saddened by the loss of one of William's favorite toys. This is one he looks for in the morning and each time we sit down on the floor to play. It is a foamy type car that has some sort of felt material around it. It fits just right into William's hand and doesn't have any sharp edges. For $0.25 at a garage sale, it has been worth every penny - even if it isn't pretty anymore. However, last night William bit a chunk out of one of the wheels. Luckily John was right there to pull it out of his mouth, but we are quite sad without it. I don't know even where to begin to replace it short of knocking on some strangers' door to find out where it was purchased. There isn't a brand name of numbers or letters on it anywhere. So, if you run across one like it - keep us in mind....
____________________________________________________________________
I am a little disappointed in myself for letting this one slide by. I had planned on writing up something special about the date when William was 39 weeks 3 days old. That would be the date when he was Out more Than In. Alas, that date was October 30th and I was in a tizzy trying to figure out how to best make Halloween special. How could all that time be gone? It isn't possible for him to have been outside longer than inside without me realizing it. I figured I still had a couple of weeks yet to go and decided to just count it out tonight to see how much longer it would be. Too late, oh well...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The car... I know how bad a loss of a favorite toy is! Bummer.

Keiran has some books about this car. Little board books from barnes and noble called "Huggy Buggy". They came in a set and were published by barnes and noble. You may want to check their kids sections for a new huggy buggy!!!

Good luck finding a new one!